Medik8 Advanced Day Ultimate Protect SPF 50 50ml

Medik8 Advanced Day Ultimate Protect SPF 50
Age-Defying Moisturiser with Photolyase SPF 50+
Protect your skin from UV rays, visibly reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles and deeply hydrate the complexion – all at once. Advanced Day Ultimate Protect is your daily moisturiser and SPF 50+ PA++++ sunscreen in one. It offers a comprehensive environmental shield against the sun’s damaging, ageing and burning effects as well as air pollution, blue light, infrared damage and glycation (damage to collagen and elastin within the skin).
It therefore works to prevent the formation of wrinkles, dark spots, dullness and uneven skin texture. The formula is also elevated with a next-generation DNA repair enzyme called photolyase (pronounced ‘photo-lye-aze’) which works to support your skin’s natural repair mechanisms following UV exposure. Advanced Day Ultimate Protect is proven to deliver a non-greasy, non-comedogenic, invisible finish on all skin tones* and can be easily applied under makeup.

Free shipping over $200

Preserves Skin’s Youthfulness
Delivers powerful SPF 50+ PA++++ protection against the damaging effects of UVA (ageing) & UVB (burning) rays.

Repairs After UV Exposure
Supports the skin’s natural repair mechanisms after UV exposure, to prevent visible damage and ageing.

Multi-Benefit Skin Defence In 1 Formula
Protects the skin from the ageing effects of blue light, infrared light, air pollution and glycation, as well as UV rays.

No White Cast
Proven to deliver an invisible finish on all skin tones* – perfect for every morning skincare regime.
*Proven via independent consumer study conducted over 7 days on 53 participants, across all skin tones

Daily Hydration
Infused with squalane and multi-weight hyaluronic acid for effective daily moisturisation.

94% agreed Advanced Day Ultimate Protect leaves the skin feeling moisturised all day*
98% of UVB (burning) rays are blocked by SPF50+**
UVA PA++++ is the maximum (ageing) protection a sunscreen can achieve

Step 1
As the last step in your morning skincare routine, apply 5 pumps (¼ teaspoon) of Advanced Day Ultimate Protect in upward strokes to the face, taking care to avoid the eye area. Apply 5 more pumps to the neck and décolletage. Allow to fully absorb.
Step 2
Reapply throughout the day as needed. Apply every 2 hours if in direct sunlight.

Advanced UV Filters
A complex of premium chemical sun filters, carefully selected for their high performance, skin-friendly benefits and stability (effectiveness) in sunlight.

DNA Repair Enzyme (Encapsulated Photolyase)
Derived from plankton extract, photolyase is a light-activated DNA repair enzyme that helps to repair the visible ageing effects of UV rays following exposure.

360° Environmental Shield
An innovative combination of sustainably-sourced blueberry seed oil, marrubium vulgare (pronounced ‘mar-RUBE-ee-um vool-gah-ray’) extract and carnosine (pronounced ‘CAR-na-seen’) which works to protect against the effects of environmental stressors.

An almost skin-identical lipid which helps to support the natural skin barrier by nourishing the complexion.

Multi-Weight Hyaluronic Acid
Unlike many other hyaluronic acid serums, Hydr8 B5 Intense uses multiple molecular weights of hyaluronic acid (small, medium and large), to distribute deep hydration evenly throughout the skin’s many layers. This leaves the complexion visibly nourished and supple

Sadly, no sunscreen is able to block 100% of UV rays from reaching the skin. Even a perfectly-applied SPF 50+ sunscreen only protects against ~98.3% of UVB rays.* This leaves ~1.7% of UVB rays with the potential to reach the skin and impact skin health. One of the most concerning effects being direct DNA damage. Although our skin naturally contains proteins called DNA repair enzymes (which work to limit the damage), these proteins deplete as we age.** Medik8’s solution is to replenish the skin’s natural levels of DNA repair enzymes by applying them topically with Advanced Day Ultimate Protect, diminishing visible signs of DNA damage such as fine lines, wrinkles and discolouration.
*L. Duteil et al, Pigment Cell Melanoma, Res, 2014, 27(5), pp 822-6. doi: 10.1111/pcmr.12273.
**S. Moriwaki et al, Mutat Res, 1996, 364, pp 117-123. doi: 10.1016/0921-8777(96)00029-8.